Friday, August 24, 2007

News of the first week..

This week has been quite an expensive one. I found myself living in the most swank student housing ($$$$$) in the city with a sweet view of some roofs out of my big window, and a touch of the trainstation out of my porthole- this is the perk of having a corner room. The building is nice, i'm on the 5th floor and there are 10 people living on my half- all of which are staying a full year (at least). There is Felix (Germany), Fulya (Turkey), Robert (Scotland), Jihane (France), Martin (Holland), Mari (Japan), Jason (South Africa/Englad), Sara (United States), Berge?? (Turkey), and last but not least the mystery man in one of the rooms...and me...in the corner office.

I also aquired a bike this week, and I am in love with it. I want to take it everywhere i go forever and ever. Its a monark single gear oh-so-cute, and super fun to ride bike. I think stylewise Stephen probably has the best bike.. He chose a women's style (because of the size) but the frame fades from an upper shade of 80's purple into a nice florida turquoise...cream handle bars as well. a gem.

I went to Wermlands and Lunds nations this week. I had been to neither when i was here in the past. I actually really like Lunds nation- last time i was afraid it was going to be a little stuck up, but i was completely wrong- lots of fun, even if two of the strangest Swedes i have ever laid eyes upon hit on me. very much too young and/or not my type...and probably very drunk.
This afternoon I finally have my registration meetings, then one more week off. Poor Nils and Sara start school on monday. booo.

No comments: