Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Someone stole summer from Sweden


So September has started and the weather is still getting chillier- even though outside- the day is beautiful- I can't let the sun trick me again. Somehow, I always end up with half the clothes I should be wearing. I'm not sure where i left off in my last entry- but classes have started, and I feel like i may be in shit for a while- as long as it takes for me to: A. learn how to study like a real person again, and B: start picking up the fundamentals of marketing. My first quiz will be tomorrow- so we'll see how that goes...though I must say- i did very well on the online silly quizzes. Otherwise, this weekend was fairly quieter than the last two weeks. Friday we went to Krischanska nation- where a good friend of mine had a bit of a melt-down and has left me feeling a bit stressed about. Then saturday- off to IKEA where john had to buy furniture to outfit an entire room. i got a plant. its cute...even if it is homeless.

My disposition here is so much better than it is at home. The stresses that I have encountered here seem like nothing. Even when I really think about all the burdens (relatively not so many) that I am under, I still feel this light airyness to it all, and problems just sort of melt away....especially when i am riding my bike- except to Ulrikidel when i inevitably get lost. I would like to add that this week has been quite a challange so far. Since friday I have been living off of about 120:kr. This is slightly less than $20. In other words, I've just been eating the food I have left over, and not going out or doing this or that. Since its unknown how long my money is going to be sitting over the Atlantic Ocean- I may have to break down and withdrawl or borrow some. I need to- i've literally got a couple pieces of bread, a small serving of yogurt and no credits left on my phone. hahah i must seem so pathetic to everyone right now....

Ok- keep in touch.

No comments: